from InstaForex
No investments required!
GET BONUS
55%
from InstaForex
on every deposit
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ...

Thread: 8048970-Breakout, Reversal and News trading

1. #1 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    It's time to retire!
    I am:

systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    3290 USD (What is this?)
    caught pokemons
    12 (What is this?)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,958 Times in 734 Posts
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0

Default 8048970-Breakout, Reversal and News trading

You are Welcome for Stopping by in my thread

ACCOUNT PROFILE

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Account number: 8048970

Trading Server: 5.9.152.23 (InstaForex-USA2.com)

Start up capital: $113.17

TRADING STYLE

Spoiler Spoiler:
    I will be trading with the same method i used in the last contest. where i simply take orders from price behaviour when it gets the support or resistance zone

when price is at S+R zone it will either breaks or reverses. if it breaks then i simply apply the breakout strategy otherwise i go on reversal method

I will equally be looking at Some important news release that moves the market and i will equally straddle the spikes from the news with low risk

PARAMETERS

Spoiler Spoiler:
    TIME FRAME: H4 and Daily

CURRENCY PAIRS: Any pair that harmonizes with my strategy and gold in some cases

INDICATORS: My Eyes

DISCIPLINE AND MONEY MANAGEMENT

Spoiler Spoiler:
    My risk per trade will always be 5% and my lot size would be determined based on the level of my stop loss.

for example, from my account of $113.17, i will be risking just $5.65 ( 5%) in a single trade and if the appropriate stop loss level is 50pips means that i would be using a lot size of 0.11( from instaforex) which is $0.11/pip. this will mean that if am stopped out at the 50pips i will be loosing just $5.65(5% of my balance).

Note: this method will only be violated if the market movement is obviously moving in a particular clear direction then i can slightly increase the risk

therefore my lot size = (amount to be risked)/(stop loss level in pips)

Good luck to other participants and my fans out there to cheer me
    IF YOU WANT TO LAST LONG IN THE MARKET THEN APPLY THIS SIMPLE METHOD

https://forum.mt5.com/showthread.php?86700-The-Splitting-lot-size-Method-of-Trading

2. 13 users say Thank You to systematicfx for this useful post.

azmassi (14-09-2014), bidyut (12-09-2014), Black Mamba (24-09-2014), chimasky (15-09-2014), deathstar (23-09-2014), dedy hari kurniawan (19-09-2014), goodguy333 (14-09-2014), Honest (23-09-2014), Humza (16-09-2014), Kanta (16-09-2014), moneygrows (19-09-2014), nkhan2810 (12-09-2014), PhantomTrader79 (13-09-2014)

3. #2 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    It's time to retire!
    I am:

goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    5102 USD (What is this?)
    caught pokemons
    400 (What is this?)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,293 Times in 2,496 Posts
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    Nice Strategy and Planning Systematicfx

Good Risk/Reward Ratio too,IMO

Good luck out there mate
    The Real Money is in 100% Compounding

4. The Following User Says Thank You to goodguy333 For This Useful Post:

systematicfx (15-09-2014)

5. #3 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    It's time to retire!
    I am:

systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx has a brilliant future systematicfx's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    3290 USD (What is this?)
    caught pokemons
    12 (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    I had a drawback of $4.78 this week so my startup Capital for the competition is readjusted from the initial $113.17 to $108.39
    Hope I would do better during this competition

https://forum.mt5.com/showthread.php?86700-The-Splitting-lot-size-Method-of-Trading

6. #4 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    Forum Guru
    I am:

nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    1316 USD (What is this?)
    caught pokemons
    3 (What is this?)
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,771 Times in 1,581 Posts
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    I can remember your effort in the last contest to bring 1st place in your group. It was awesome bro. I hope you will do the same and can bring same result. I really look forward to your trades in the contest. You got nice strategy and indicators too. I think your money management certainly help you survive long in the contest and earn profit. Best of luck bro.

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nkhan2810 For This Useful Post:

systematicfx (20-09-2014)

8. #5 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    User
    I am:

Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    1394 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,677 Times in 5,602 Posts
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    You are an okay participant with your contest start balance of 108.39$.

Best of luck for the contest

Though trading on financial markets involves high risk, it can still generate extra income in case you apply the right approach. By choosing a reliable broker such as InstaForex you get access to the international financial markets and open your way towards financial independence. You can sign up here.

9. 2 users say Thank You to Toxic for this useful post.

nkhan2810 (21-09-2014), systematicfx (21-09-2014)

10. #6 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    It's time to retire!
    I am:

Accumulated bonus
    3290 USD (What is this?)
    caught pokemons
    12 (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    I have two important news that i would be straddling this week as news trading is part of my strategy.

Tuesday

CAD retail sales

Wednesday

USD new home sales

Updates on this would be coming later

11. #7 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    Forum Guru
    I am:

nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    1316 USD (What is this?)
    caught pokemons
    3 (What is this?)
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,771 Times in 1,581 Posts
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    Bro I know you are a good trader better say one of the best in this forum. You have shown your class in last contest. I know you love news trading and focus on that. I am looking forward to see your trade. I hope it will appear soon. Wish you all the best and good wishes in the contest.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nkhan2810 For This Useful Post:

systematicfx (23-09-2014)

13. #8 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    It's time to retire!
    I am:

Accumulated bonus
    3290 USD (What is this?)
    caught pokemons
    12 (What is this?)
    Thanks
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    Trade Number 1

Currency pair: usd/jpy

type of order: Sell @ 108.319

Reason: Reversal on daily time frame as shown below
    Name: daily on usdjpy.jpg Views: 322 Size: 134.8 KB

stop loss: 109.50 (118pips)

Lot size = 0.2 ( Higher than my money management policy because i don't open trades at random and i need to increase it a bit to meet up with the min 1 lot size demand for this competition)

If i loose this trade then i will probably be loosing $24.
    Trade still running ( long term trade)

Trade Number 2 and 3

Pending orders of sell stop and buy stop of 15pips away from market price on UsdCad with stop loss at current price

Reason: My news straddling method as i said earlier on.

Retail sales on CAD was about to be release so i simply placed a buy stop and sell stop on a pair that has CAD ( i choose USDCAD because of its low spread).

this trade was opened 5mins before the release so anyone that picks leaves me in cancelling the other one.

Fortunately, the market moved up and the Buy market was filled so i cancelled the Sell Stop pending order

the BUY market was picked @ 1.10121

Lot size was 0.35

Stop loss was 15pips( that is 5% of my capital if i loose as stated earlier in my thread)

Closing price was 1.10234

profit was 11pips ($3.59)

14. #9 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    It's time to retire!
    I am:

Honest has a reputation beyond repute Honest has a reputation beyond repute Honest has a reputation beyond repute Honest has a reputation beyond repute Honest has a reputation beyond repute Honest has a reputation beyond repute Honest has a reputation beyond repute Honest has a reputation beyond repute Honest has a reputation beyond repute Honest has a reputation beyond repute Honest has a reputation beyond repute Honest's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    5650 USD (What is this?)
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,906 Times in 1,683 Posts
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    Good to be here brother, go ahead and do it, i strongly believe in you and wishing you the very best and then the ultimate prize.Success.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Honest For This Useful Post:

16. #10 You can automatically minimize the read posts in your account in the 'Forum Settings'
    It's time to retire!
    I am:

goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333 has a reputation beyond repute goodguy333's Avatar
    Accumulated bonus
    5102 USD (What is this?)
    caught pokemons
    400 (What is this?)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,293 Times in 2,496 Posts
    SubscribeSubscribe
    Subsribed 0
    Pending Orders are good tools if you cover TP and SL at good values

You can then go for fishing

But trading News is certainly tricky

You never know what might happen and your order also may or may be not filled due to high volatile conditions,if any

Good luck on further trades mate
    The Real Money is in 100% Compounding

17. The Following User Says Thank You to goodguy333 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ...