• Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Page 1 of 2 1 2

Thread: 1212200 - Trading Major pairs using indicators for entry

1. #1 Collapse Post
      MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      ----

lukmon has a spectacular aura about lukmon has a spectacular aura about lukmon has a spectacular aura about lukmon's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1055 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

Default 1212200 - Trading Major pairs using indicators for entry

My account details are as follows

Trading account login: 1212200
      Investor password: sent to relevant moderators
      Server: Instaforex Hong Kong
      Contest Starting balance $311.85

I am trading using the following indicators

Non Lag MA
      I have tried this Moving Average and it works very well for me when combined with the Color CCI and the Bollinger Bands.

Color CCI

This indicator works like the normal CCI indicator but is uses histogram with red green and yellow bars to give clear signals.

Bollinger Bands

I will use the normal bollinger bands that come with the MT4 platform.

I will trade the follow trading instruments:

EUR/JPY, USD/CHF, EUR/USD, GBP/USD, NZD/USD, USD/JY and AUD/USD. I may choose not to trade any of the mentioned pairs above if I do not get valid signals during the period of the contest.

My strategy.

I will place a buy trade if the Non Lag MA gives me a blue color as well as the Color CCI giving me a green bar and the market price is above the middle bollinger band line.

I will place a sell order if the Non Lag MA gives me a purple / pink color as well as color CCI giving me a red bar and market price is below the middle bollinger band.

My targets will usually be between 10 and 20 pips for each trade. My stop loss will be calculated based on the trade itself.

Also, I will state the reasons for taking or closing each trade if it is different from the reasons given in my strategy above.

Thank you and wish me luck in my trading in this contest.

2. The following 12 users say Thank You to lukmon for this useful post.

bidyut (09-20-2014), chimasky (09-19-2014), deathstar (09-23-2014), dedy hari kurniawan (09-19-2014), goodguy333 (09-23-2014), Humza (09-19-2014), ilyas_ili (09-19-2014), moneygrows (09-19-2014), nasimuddin (09-19-2014), nkhan2810 (09-19-2014), systematicfx (09-20-2014), Toxic (09-19-2014)

3. #2 Collapse Post
      MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      Twisted

nasimuddin has a reputation beyond repute nasimuddin has a reputation beyond repute nasimuddin has a reputation beyond repute nasimuddin has a reputation beyond repute nasimuddin has a reputation beyond repute nasimuddin has a reputation beyond repute nasimuddin has a reputation beyond repute nasimuddin has a reputation beyond repute nasimuddin has a reputation beyond repute nasimuddin has a reputation beyond repute nasimuddin has a reputation beyond repute nasimuddin's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      641 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,791 Times in 1,166 Posts

wow mate your balance is also too high.

Hope high balance will be more high when contest will end.

Best of trading mate n this contest.
      Welcome To My Blog
      Just One Click May Brings Valuable Info About Forex To You

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nasimuddin For This Useful Post:

lukmon (09-20-2014)

5. #3 Collapse Post
      Forum Guru
      I am:
      Cheerful

nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1316 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      3 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 4,726 Times in 1,564 Posts

My targets will usually be between 10 and 20 pips for each trade.
      I think if you can get 10/20 trades with 10/20 pips then certainly you are a winner. I am very much happy to see your nice thread. I hope to learn about color CCI from your trade. Only two days to go before contest begin. You might be excited too. So best of luck bro in the contest.

6. #4 Collapse Post
      User
      I am:
      Asleep

Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic has a reputation beyond repute Toxic's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1394 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 25,520 Times in 5,588 Posts

You are an okay participant with your contest start balance of 311.85$.

Best of luck for the contest

7. The following 2 users say Thank You to Toxic for this useful post.

lukmon (09-21-2014), nkhan2810 (09-21-2014)

8. #5 Collapse Post
      Forum Guru
      I am:
      Cheerful

nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810 has a reputation beyond repute nkhan2810's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1316 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      3 (What is this?)
      Thanks

Hello bro, till now I could not find any trade. Actually I don't know whether you have started or not. I am telling it as I didn't find any trading information in your thread. I hope you will start trading in near future. I am really waiting to see your trades and trading plans. I want to learn from you so that I can improve my trading too. Best of luck bro in the contest.

9. #6 Collapse Post
      MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      ----

lukmon has a spectacular aura about lukmon has a spectacular aura about lukmon has a spectacular aura about lukmon's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      1055 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

I started trading today and took two trades with big volume according to my strategy but the trades are going bad. It looks like I am going to blow my trading account with the first two trades.

First trade was in EUR/USD trade ticket No. 2035852403 taken at 8:31am server time

Name: EUR USD contest trade.JPG Views: 174 Size: 149.7 KB

The image of the trade is attached and my trading account is almost blown as I make this report. You will see the yellow circle which states indicates the reason for the trade where Non lag MA is pink color and Color CCI is red and price is below bollinger band and I took trade.

The second trade is attached. I took that trade late too and it was on USD CHF

Ticket No. for the trade is 2035854821 taken at the same time as the first trade. This trade is attached
      Name: USD CHF contest trade.JPG Views: 170 Size: 140.7 KB

The Yellow line shows the indicator of where I took the trade with the Color CCI showing green and the Non lag MA showing blue.

Both trades are giving over 120 dollars of loss each.

Then I took a third trade out of panic and anger and that trade has no reason for taking it and that trade also is not doing well right not.

I am currently having draw down of -266.80 in my trading account.

10. #7 Collapse Post
      Forum Guru
      I am:
      Cheerful

Accumulated bonus
      1316 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      3 (What is this?)
      Thanks

Bro if you have seen the statistics of the contestant then you will find that only 4 trader including you are at or above 100% when the market open today. And many trader got stopped out. Market is moving very crazily. So better if you trade with care. Wish you best of luck bro.

11. #8 Collapse Post
      MT5 Veteran
      I am:
      ----

Accumulated bonus
      1055 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

My first trade taken today was on sell EUR/USD taken with 3 lots and from price 1.2669 with target tp for 1.2649 and no stop loss. That trade is still running. My second trade take today was on buy USD/CHF with 3 lots too and from price 0.9526 with target of 0.9546 and no stop loss as well. That trade also is still running

The third trade I took was arbitrary on sell EUR/USD at price 1.2705 with 2 lots and I close that trade at profit of 20 pips, giving me 40 dollars profit. I am still trying to watch my two running trades to see if there is anything that I can do to reduce the losses that I am facing on them.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Update of my trading activities is that I have closed the two trades that I had running and they were closed in loss of about $76. I had to close them because I am a day trader and I do not like my trades to run into the next day, moreover, the volume for those trades were really quite large.

I want to hope that tomorrow will be a better day for me as I plan to open more trades but I could be looking another strategy because my current strategy seems not to be working. I will explain all that I will do in my trades when I take the trades.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lukmon For This Useful Post:

Smartest Fool (09-29-2014)

13. #9 Collapse Post
      FX Super Hero
      I am:
      ----

Smartest Fool is a glorious beacon of light Smartest Fool is a glorious beacon of light Smartest Fool is a glorious beacon of light Smartest Fool is a glorious beacon of light Smartest Fool is a glorious beacon of light Smartest Fool's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      233 USD (What is this?)
      Thanks

you really have some courage mate to use 6.0 lot size. I think it is good decision to get rid of these losses because we can not be sure what will happen next. With new strategy i hope you will recover this loss and make profit.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Smartest Fool For This Useful Post:

lukmon (09-30-2014)

15. #10 Collapse Post
      Banned
      I am:
      Mellow

dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan has a reputation beyond repute dedy hari kurniawan's Avatar
      Accumulated bonus
      6913 USD (What is this?)
      caught pokemons
      44 (What is this?)
      Thanks
      Thanked 24,173 Times in 4,714 Posts

Keep the spirit and do not despair because the contest is still a long time, i also will try to catch up on the other contest participants. So you also have to do the same.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dedy hari kurniawan For This Useful Post:

lukmon (09-30-2014)

Page 1 of 2 1 2